Prostate massage (prostate milking) is an effective alternative remedy for prostatitis. It can be used alone or in conjunction with other natural remedies to cure prostatitis. Prostate massage is an assistant home remedy for prostatitis.
Theory of Prostate Massage for Prostatitis
Accumulation of infected Prostate Fluid
When infected with prostatitis, the prostate is swollen and obstructed, and bacteria infection is constantly producing waste, toxin and dead bodies. The waste is trapped inside the swollen and obstructed prostate, causing a lot of pain or symptoms.
Removal of Infected Prostate Fluid
The accumulated toxin and waste are harmful and irritating to the prostate and need to be flushed out of the body as soon as possible. Normally the natural flush action is ejaculation, but the function is impaired when the prostate is obstructed and swollen. Therefore, a physical flush such as prostate massage is used to squeeze infected prostate fluid out of the body. Prostate massage relieves some level of pain and symptoms after each treatment.
Reduce Pressure in Prostate
In cases of chronic prostatitis (an inflammation of the prostate gland) or an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH) prostate milking is helpful in reducing pressure in the prostate gland by removing excess fluid.
Long Term Prostate Massage
A few days of prostate massage won't get you anywhere, a few weeks of prostate massage is also too short. In reality, a few months of prostate massage can make significant difference on the symptoms.
Stop Formation of Prostate Blockage
Vigorous prostate massage squeezes the structure of blockage and removes tiny pieces of blockage after each treatment session. This unblocking process is a slow process that you have to do repetitively to get some obvious results.
Procedure of Prostate Massage for Prostatitis
If performing self prostate massage ( prostate milking) you should proceed as follows:
- Pay a visit to the bathroom and ensure that both your bowel and bladder are emptied before performing prostate massage.
- Make sure that your fingernails are trimmed and wash your hands and the area around your anus thoroughly.
- Put a sterile latex glove on the hand which you are going to use to milk the prostate gland and apply lubricant to your gloved fingers.
- Get into a comfortable position. There are many possible positions which you can adopt. Pick a comfortable position from which you can gain easy access to the prostate gland with your gloved hand.
If you find that you are not able to do it yourself, then it may be necessary to ask your wife, or girlfriend, to massage the prostate gland for you. Mechanical prostate massager is also an option.
- Insert your finger into your anus and then slowly move it forward along the wall of the rectum, until you feel the prostate gland. The prostate gland will feel like a small round ball about the size of a walnut. In case of prostatitis, the prostate is boggy or tender, and is painful when touched or pressed.
- Once you have located the prostate gland, massage it gently along both sides by exerting pressure with the finger. Press hard on the side and move to the central area and release, then repeat it again. You will feel intense pain if you have prostatitis. After the sides are done, press the central area to squeeze prostate fluid to urethra.
- After several minutes of prostate massage the gland will release most fluid to urethra and tip of penis. At this point you may experience a degree of soreness and pain but it will go away after a few hours.
Precautions of Prostate Massage
- Prostate massage is not suitable for you if you are suffering from acute (as opposed to simply chronic) prostatitis. Massaging the prostate with acute bacterial prostatitis can result in septicemia (blood poisoning).
- If you are suffering from prostatic calculi (small stones within the prostate gland) these can act rather like scouring grit and tear the delicate membranes of the gland. A comfortable force should be used during prostate massage to avoid this.
- The rectal lining in the area of the prostate gland is very thin and can easily be perforated.
- Excessive stimulation of the lining of the rectum can result in the appearance or flaring of hemorrhoids.
Prostate Massage and Chinese Herbal Medicine Home Treatment
Enhance Unblocking of Herbal Medicine
Chinese herbal medicine is a biochemical treatment for prostatitis while prostate massage is a physical treatment, therefore, both treatments have a synergy effect. The shake up of the prostate gland with prostate massage loosens the blockage and facilitates the efficacy of herbal medicine.
Enhance Absorption of Herbal Medicine
The increased circulation of prostate fluid after prostate massage speeds up the unblocking process of the herbal medicine on prostatitis. Flushing toxin, inorganic waste and other inflamed materials out of the prostate relieves the burden of immune system, and improve the physiological condition of the prostate.
Prostate Massage as Assistant Home Treatment
Getting prostate massage alone is not strong enough to cure prostatitis. Prostate massage can be used as an assistant treatment in conjunction with the herbal medicine to enhance effectiveness.